Application Instructions (Wet) for X-Large Decals
Do not touch the adhesive backing of the decal, oils from your skin will prevent sticking.
When you first receive your decal: If the graphic(s) release with difficulty from the white/blue wax paper backing, rub the top of the decal with a credit/debit card. This step helps break the bond between the graphic and the wax paper.
If Your Decal(s) Came With A Paper Ring Around Them, Follow These Directions Next:
- Remove the paper ring.
- Let your new decal(s) sit just as they are for a couple hours, they will unroll some.
- After a couple hours, lay your decal(s) flat, upside down, take a plastic card and go over the back of the decal(s) a few times (not the transfer tape side). This will help release the decal from the wax paper backing.
WET Application Tips: Decal CAN BE adjusted once it is placed (slightly side to side, not up and down).
- Lightly mist the desired area with application mix, which is (8oz OF WATER MIXED WITH 1-2 DROP OF DISH SOAP LIKE DAWN DISH SOAP).
- Use the least amount of fluid to accomplish the application process (1-2 sprays depending on project size). **Spraying cut vinyl letters with fluid can also cause the lettering to loosen up on the transfer tape or cause the lettering to fall off, ONLY SPRAY THE APPLICATION AREA- NOT THE DECAL-
- When squeegeeing the graphics, use good pressure to force all of the fluid from under the vinyl film. When using a WET APPLICATION use your FINGERS 1st, then a HARD credit card, if needed. Your fingers have enough pressure to force all the fluid out. Start in the center of the graphic and squeegee outward to force out the fluid from underneath the graphics
- If the transfer tape releases with difficulty from the graphics, spray the tape with the fluid mixture allowing about 30 seconds for the fluid to soak in.
- In removing the transfer tape, peel the tape 180º against itself.
- If your decal(s) do not want to release from the wax paper backing, then repeat rubbing over the back of them with a plastic card. Repeat this step until your decal(s) release with ease.
- Always peel the transfer tape at a 180 degree angle.
- Do not apply on extreme cold or hot surfaces. Ideal temperature must be between 60°F & 90°F.
- Don’t apply decal(s) in direct sunlight
We also recommend The Hinge Method For X-Large Decal Application
Hinge Application Instructions (Dry Application):
- Clean the surface area.
- Use tape to hold decal, paper backing, and transfer tape in place down center.
- Peel clear transfer tape away from backing to tape you applied.
- Decal should stick to transfer tape. Cut away exposed paper backing. From center of decal, use a straight edge to smooth decal to surface.
- Remove tape you applied.
- Remove transfer tape and decal from paper backing on other side of decal.
- Smooth down with straight edge.
- Carefully remove transfer tape leaving decal on surface.