Application Instructions for Large Decals
Application Instructions (Dry, Hinge) for Large Decals
Thoroughly clean your application surface area from dust, grease or any contamination which could affect the adhesion of the material. Do not touch the adhesive backing of the decal, oils from your skin will prevent sticking.
Before You Begin
When you first receive your decal: If the graphic(s) release with difficulty from the white/blue wax paper backing, rub the top of the decal with a credit/debit card. This step helps break the bond between the graphic and the wax paper.
If Your Decal(s) Came With A Paper Ring Around Them, Follow These Directions Next:
- Remove the paper ring.
- Let your new decal(s) sit just as they are for a couple hours, they will unroll some.
- After a couple hours, lay your decal(s) flat, upside down, take a plastic card and go over the back of the decal(s) a few times (not the transfer tape side). This will help release the decal from the wax paper backing and help the decal(s) to lay flat.
Application Instructions (picture illustration below)
- Use tape to hold decal, paper backing, and transfer tape in place down center.
- Peel the transfer tape away from backing to tape you applied.
- Decal should stick to transfer tape. Cut away exposed paper backing. From center of decal, use a straight edge to smooth decal to surface.
- Remove tape you applied.
- Remove transfer tape and decal from paper backing on other side of decal.
- Smooth down with straight edge.
- Carefully remove transfer tape leaving decal on surface.
- If your decal(s) do not want to release from the wax paper backing, then repeat rubbing over the back of them with a plastic card. Repeat this step until your decal(s) release with ease.
- Always peel the transfer tape at a 180 degree angle.
- Do not apply on extreme cold or hot surfaces. Ideal temperature must be between 60°F & 90°F.