Application Instructions (Dry, Hinge) for Large Decals
Do not touch the adhesive backing of the decal, oils from your skin will prevent sticking.
When you first receive your decal: If the graphic(s) release with difficulty from the white/blue wax paper backing, rub the top of the decal with a credit/debit card. This step helps break the bond between the graphic and the wax paper.
If Your Decal(s) Came With A Paper Ring Around Them, Follow These Directions Next:
- Remove the paper ring.
- Let your new decal(s) sit just as they are for a couple hours, they will unroll some.
- After a couple hours, lay your decal(s) flat, upside down, take a plastic card and go over the back of the decal(s) a few times (not the transfer tape side). This will help release the decal from the wax paper backing.
- Clean the surface area.
- Use tape to hold decal, paper backing, and transfer tape in place down center.
- Peel clear transfer tape away from backing to tape you applied.
- Decal should stick to transfer tape. Cut away exposed paper backing. From center of decal, use a straight edge to smooth decal to surface.
- Remove tape you applied.
- Remove transfer tape and decal from paper backing on other side of decal.
- Smooth down with straight edge.
- Carefully remove transfer tape leaving decal on surface.
- If your decal(s) do not want to release from the wax paper backing, then repeat rubbing over the back of them with a plastic card. Repeat this step until your decal(s) release with ease.
- Always peel the transfer tape at a 180 degree angle.
- Do not apply on extreme cold or hot surfaces. Ideal temperature must be between 60°F & 90°F.
- Don’t apply decal(s) in direct sunlight